Monday 18 January 2010

Golden Globes

As we all know, the Golden Globes 2010 was on today(or is it now yesterday?), so I thought it would therefore be extremely appropriate for me to comment on some of the dresses worn by the female celebrities (sorry guys, but I just don't really care about boring old suits). Some of my favourite dresses tonight were:
Elisabetta Canalis' Roberto Cavali dress. I ADORE the colour, and the Empire style with the cut-out midsection is a great style, especially on her.



Heidi Klum's Roberto Cavalli dress was stunning. It reminds me of a fairytale Princess with all the netting and pouffiness at the bottom.



Unfortunately, there are two dresses that jump to mind that I hate absolutely and they were Zoe Saldana's Louis Vuitton and Mariah Carey's Herve Leger. Unfortunately for Zoe, her dress looks like the ribbons were sewed on in the dark by someone who hates her, although the colour is, begrudgingly, gorgeous (it also doesn't help that I'm not a massive fan of Louis Vuitton). Mariah Carey's dress would have been okay, had it not been worn by her. However, seeing as though it was her that decided mistakenly to wear it on the red carpet, I can only say that it makes her shoulders and bust look comically enormous. And I don't care that Vogue appears to rate them among the best dressed women of the night, I don't think that they were.





Here's where I got the images from (sorry, I'm a technology reppelant so I haven't figured out how to add hyperlinks as of yet):

January Jones: http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2010/01/january-jones-2010-golden-globes-red-carpet.jpg

Zoe Saldana: http://x17online.com/Golden%20Globes/zoegg.jpg

Everyone else: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1244052/Golden-Globes-Great-British-hopes-Carey-Mulligan-Emily-Blunt-lead-pack.html

No comments:

Post a Comment