Sunday 17 January 2010

Golden Oldies

I was listening to my favourite golden oldies earlier it got me thinking about their style and what I love about it. The 70s and 80s really do seem to have been a time when you could more or less do whatever and get away with it. I mean, Punk and Grunge were big styles during those decades and have influenced fashion so dramatically that they're still massive inspirations today. For example Vivienne Westwood was a very punky designer back in the day, and to be honest she's still pretty out there now, which is what I love about her.

Pat Benatar, Blondie, Stevie Nicks. Three women of the 70s and 80s that I greatly admire and would love to steal their style. Bordering on grunge/punk, all three women carry off the grunge style amazingly and make it look glamorous. Oh what I would give to look good in a dress made of ripped up green material... (check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjY_uSSncQw to see what I'm on about)

No comments:

Post a Comment