Sunday 7 March 2010

Lady tache

Yesterday at work, whilst boredly gazing at one of the many news papers that passed through my til, I noticed that one of the headlining pictures was of a shot of one of the faahion weeks, but that wasn't what truly caught my eye. The model in it was sporting a whispy moustache and very heavy eyebrows. Then I noticed that the designer was Vivienne Westwood and the whole article was about her introduction of the 'lady tache' (as named by I think the Daily Telegraph). Viveinne Westwood is well known for her controversial styles, and in fact that is what she is greatly admired for, however many women spend years trying to rid themselves of unsightly facial hair, so trying to turn it into fashion is almost like a slap in the face. The androgenous look is popular, I know, but surely attempting to make women physically resemble men is a step over the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment